Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Thai Quinoa Salad with Mango

Tis the season for Grilling and Salads.


The dressing on this salad alone, I could gobble up all in itself. I tasted the dressing and it made me close my eyes and say "Mmmm, that is good". 


I love Quinoa! It is fun to find new ways to make it. Just a few days ago, I made a Mexican Quinoa Salad with Chili Powder, Cilantro and other yummy adds. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe. I made it to take to a BBQ, but then we didn't end up going and now I have a huge bowl of it in my refrigerator. Who wants some salad?

Ingredients:

1 cup Quinoa uncooked
1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
2 mangoes, chopped
4-5 green onions, chopped
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped (most of stems removed)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 large carrots, grated
1 Tb coconut oil
1/2 fresh lime or lemon 
Chopped peanuts, cashews, or almonds
Salt and Pepper to taste

Dressing: 
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
3 Tb soy sauce
1 Tb honey
1 Tb red wine vinegar
1 tsp olive oil

Cook Quinoa in 2 cups of water. Bring to boil and let absorb all water. Remove and stir in 1 Tb coconut oil. Let cool while making remainder of salad.

In bowl, make dressing. *The fresh ginger is SO good in this dressing. Stir together well with a fork or spoon, until well incorporated. Set aside. *If dressing is too thick, you can thin a little with some water.




In large bowl, combine veggies and sauce. Mix well. Then add the quinoa and mix. Garnish with lime and nuts. Serve cold. Refrigerate until using. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...